Delaware County Transit
Applications are being accepted for the position of
Part-Time Driver with Delaware County Transit.
This position is responsible for driving public transit vehicles and transporting passengers to specific locations.
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent work experience;
- A valid Driver’s License or a Commercial Driver’s License, including passenger endorsements, and have an
acceptable driving record;
- Successful completion of post-offer Department of Transportation (DOT) medical examination and of previous
employment verification and criminal background investigation; a post-offer drug and alcohol screen is also required.
Must also continue to meet driver fitness standards, as determined by periodic DOT medical examination;
- Knowledge of the federal, state and local requirements, methods, materials, tools, equipment, and standard practices
of bus driving and of BMV traffic laws, defensive driving and vehicle safety;
- Ability to operate a passenger bus, wheelchair lift, and computer;
- Knowledge of preventative maintenance measures connected with buses/vans;
- Knowledge of the Delaware County area including the ability to read maps and drive to unfamiliar areas;
- Ability to operate a bus in inclement weather conditions and to read and understand manifests in order to determine
specific bus stops and instructions for transporting passengers;
- Ability to work effectively with clients and customers, specifically elderly, disabled or medically fragile individuals who
may be upset, distraught, irate, emotionally or mentally or otherwise unable to function within reasonable range of
constructive behaviors; and of blood-borne pathogen procedures and of sanitation of bodily fluids; and
- Ability to work a flexible work schedule, including some holidays, early mornings, evenings, and Saturdays.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Transporting passengers to various locations within Delaware County and for arranged special trips as necessary; and
sometimes outside of the county based on passenger trip details;
- Communicating with dispatcher and/or following pre-arranged trip manifest to determine need and location of passenger
pick up and drop off sites;
- Assisting passengers including the elderly, disabled, and medically fragile customers both into and out of facilities and
vehicles, as necessary; and securing, loading and unloading wheel chairs for passengers as necessary;
- Cleaning interior of vehicle as necessary and inspecting vehicles regularly for assessment of maintenance and repair
- Performing duties in accordance with local, state, and federal laws and regulations and employer’s policies, procedures,
The starting pay rate for this position is $13.34 per hour for Non-CDL and $15.05 for CDL with passenger endorsement. Air brake endorsement may also be required or requested.
To apply, please fill out an application online at delcotransit.com
at our office
Delaware County Transit
119 Henderson Ct.
Delaware, Ohio 43015
M-F, 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
You may also call or email Tina Smith with any questions: firstname.lastname@example.org, 740-368-9383.
Delaware County Transit is a drug and alcohol free workplace. All job offers are contingent upon taking and passing a pre-employment drug and
alcohol test, a pre-employment physical, and a background check.
DELAWARE COUNTY, OHIO
Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
M / F / V / D